Leave It To Bourbon...

COVID-19: Governments must promote and protect access to and free flow of  information during pandemic, say international media freedom experts | OSCE
All lines broke loose when a pandemic hit the world March 2020; the USA was the last leg of its journey. Countries closed - it was insane! Toilet paper, cleaning products, lamb, and yeast - gone from the shelves. Democrats yelling at Trump for closing the border too early then yelling at him for closing them too late and STILL wanting the Mexican border to remain wide open - insanity!

Jim’s engineering work continued its pace from the Global Headquarters located upstairs. March 15th I was stuck at home with no idea what was happening because the world had shut down for a lock-in. Spring Break turned into May. What is a teacher without a classroom of little humans? May slowly turned to August.

To keep my mind active, and trying to stay quiet for Jim to work in peace, I conducted a thorough and detailed study on a subject close to my heart - Bourbon. I had Netflix, HBO documentaries, Amazon Video Prime, notes, personal connections, lists and questions, a flow chart - thank you google.


IT TOOK A BOURBON TO OPEN MY EYES:
One little bourbon caught my eye, Jefferson’s Ocean; I have had this bourbon several times, loving its age and composure, but never really grasped its nature.

It's created in Crestwood, Kentucky; therefore, the elixir registers as an authentic bourbon (QUIET HATERS: Let’s just make this clear from the get-go: In MY WORLD, Kentucky makes bourbon while all other states make a mighty fine whiskey). I loved the idea of Jefferson's Ocean maturing on land then allowing it to gently rest at sea. It sounded like us! 

PANDEMIC 2020: 
The pandemic forced everyone to rest; for me, when I looked around, I wasn’t so sure I liked everything I saw. Please don't misunderstand, I am grateful to wake up every morning and I appreciate every little, or big, moment in my life. I celebrate and support the life events of family and friends. I have learned the art of patience and I am a skilled student of observation and listening.


HERE ARE THE EMERGING QUESTIONS:
Will the next 20 years be in a classroom?
Is there something else out there calling for me?
Do I even have a hobby, or passion, for something else?


I have been doing for everyone for so long, I forgot to take care of myself. What if I went on that Great Loop thing Jim was talking about? Really, what would happen, would the world end? Would children cease to learn? I’m not the center of the universe … what would happen in 365 days that can’t be managed by use of the internet or a phone conversation? Jim is my captain; this should be do-able.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DAYS 22-23 Cortlandt Yacht Club to Kingston, NY & Lighthouses

DAY 54: Put-In-Bay OH to Sugar Island, MI

DAYS 301-303: Deltaville to Tangier Island