Moving to the Creek

 
(The Original House Mr. Beck built)

2013-14 or so, we were living in Centreville, Virginia when a woman came to the house to give us an estimate for replacing the gutters; well, when she told me the price, I thought I was about to lose my ever-lovin’-mind and said she MUST be smoking crack. Instead of addressing the outrageous quote, I turned to Jim and calmly announced that I was moving to the creek and would he like to build me a house. He said, "Yep" and started drawing.


I’m like that sometimes; if I KNOW something is right and good, I can make a life changing decision and move forward without a second thought.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DAYS 22-23 Cortlandt Yacht Club to Kingston, NY & Lighthouses

DAY 54: Put-In-Bay OH to Sugar Island, MI

DAYS 301-303: Deltaville to Tangier Island