DAYS 295-296: Norfolk to Cape Charles

Norfolk VA to Cape Charles VA: 8.2 mph; 37.0 miles; 4:29 hours


Cape Charles is new to me. I have never really explored the Eastern Shore so this will be an adventure. The bonus is seeing Bubbie and catching up with her and the family. 



Trip Across the Bay from Norfolk to Cape Charles

All the weather people are liars! It was NOT 1-2 ft waves; it was 2-3 ft with a 4 ft wave tossed in for good measure! Man! That was a nose dipper! But ... the hatch was closed ...


When you get to Cape Charles, you really only have one choice for a marina - Cape Charles Harbor Town Marina and it’s gonna cost you about $3/ft (plus electric) with water, shower/bathroom, and coin-operated laundry. It’s a nice marina and the The Shanty restaurant is right there. A higher caliber restaurant, Hook at Harvey A Cape Charles Bistro, is around the way.


If you use the walkway, you can make your way to a little 'old town' area. The public beach access is here too and wow, just wow, it’s beautiful. 


Cape Charles is sorta quiet with a lot of ‘com’eres’ (translation: people who come to visit or live in the area but were not born in Cape Charles; funny that Tangier Island uses the same word with the same meaning). I simply loved the place.


Seeing Bubbie and Reggie

I haven’t seen my step mother in a while and I swear, we didn’t skip a beat. As soon as I walked in the house, I felt at home again. It was so much fun seeing her new house and catching up with how everyone is doing. I loved spending time with her.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DAYS 22-23 Cortlandt Yacht Club to Kingston, NY & Lighthouses

DAY 54: Put-In-Bay OH to Sugar Island, MI

DAYS 301-303: Deltaville to Tangier Island